时间：2023年08月21日 阅读量 : 152
1. Practice makes perfect.
2. It is never too old to learn.
3. Reading is to the mind while exercise to the body.
4. A man becomes learned by asking questions.
5. Learn and live.
6. Knowledge starts with practice.
7. Complacency is the enemy of study.
8. Knowledge makes humble; ignorance makes proud.
9. Knowledge advances by steps and not by leaps.
10. A man can do no more than he can.
11. Books and friends should be few but good.
12. A man cannot spin and reel at the same time.
1. Where there is a will, there is a way.
2. No pains, no gains.
3. Constant dripping wears away a stone.
4. Care and diligence bring luck.
5. Genius is nothing but labour and diligence.
6. Great hopes make great man.
7. Industry is the parent of success.
8. No rose without a thorn.
9. There is no royal road to learning.
10. No way is impossible to courage.
11. Success belongs to the persevering.
12. The finest diamond must be cut.
13. Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. Respect yourself, ｏｒ no one else will respect you.
3. Patience is the best remedy.
4. One good turn deserves another.
5. He knows most who speaks least.
6. A still tongue makes a wise head.
7. A candle lights others and consumes itself.
8. He is not fit to command others that cannot command himself.
9. Pride goes before, and shame comes after.
10. Please the eye and plague the heart.
11. Penny wise, pound foolish.
12. He who makes constant complaint gets little compassion.
13. Do as you would be done by.
1. Birds of a feather flock together.
2. A man is known by his friends.
3. Keep good men company and you shall be of the number.
4. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
5. A friend is easier lost than found.
6. A faithful friend is hard to find.
7. A friend is never known till a man has need.
8. Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.
1. Time flies.
2. Time and tide wait for no man.
3. To save time is to lengthen life.
4. Time stays not the fool s leisure.
5. Lost years are worse than lost dollars.
6. Time is money.
7. Time has wings.
8. Time lost cannot be won again.
1. Gold will not buy anything.
2. The chief aim of man is not to get money.
3. The money the miser hoards will do him no good.
4. What is wealth good for, if it brings melancholy?
5. Wealth makes worship.
1. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
2. Prevention is better than cure.
3. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
只工作, 不玩耍, 聪明小伙也变傻。
4. Health is not valued till sickness comes.
5. A close mouth catches no flies.
6. A good medicine tastes bitter.
7. Good health is over wealth.
8. Happiness lies first of all in health.
9. Cheerfulness is health; its opposite, melancholy, is disease.
10. He is happy that thinks himself so.
11. Content is better than riches.
1. A good beginning is half done.
2. Don t put off till tomorrow what should be done today.
3. Fact speaks louder than words.
4. Failure is the mother of success.
5. A bird in the hand is worth than two in the bush.
6. Seeing is believing.
7. Still water runs deep.
8. Strike the iron while it is hot.
9. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
10. Man proposes, god disposes.
11. Look before you leap.
12. Experience must be bought.
13. Make hay while the sun shines.
14. He who does not advance loses ground.
15. Easier said than done.
16. Every day is not Sunday.
17. All that glitters is not gold.
18. All things are difficult before they are easy.
19. Every advantage has its disadvantage.
20. Every man has his faults.
21. Four eyes see more than two.
22. He laughs best who laughs last.
23. It is the first step that costs troublesome.
24. The farthest way about is the nearest way home.
25. Take things as they come.
26. Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
27. The early bird catches the worm.
28. It is no use crying over spilt milk.
29. Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
30. Don't try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs.