时间：2023年09月18日 阅读量 : 109
321. hesitate /'hezɪteɪt/ v. 犹豫；迟疑；含糊
(1)hesitate to do sth.不愿意(不想，不好意思)做某事
hesitate about/over doing sth. 做某事犹豫不决
(2)hesitation n. 犹豫，踌躇，迟疑；不情愿
have no hesitation in doing sth. 毫不犹豫地做某事
without hesitation 毫不犹豫地
【例句】① She never hesitates at anything that will benefit her friends．对她朋友有利的事，她从不犹豫。
②Without any hesitation, the old man jumped into the river to save the drowning young woman.
＝The old man had no hesitation in jumping into the river to save the drowning young woman.这位老人毫不犹豫地跳下河去救落水的年轻女子。
【串记】Hesitation is not a good thing. He is always hesitating about making decisions. 犹豫不是好事。他总是对做决定犹豫不决。
322. hide /haɪd/ (hid, hidden) v. 把…藏起来，隐藏
hide ... from ...向……隐瞒……；把……隐藏起来
hide ... behind/under/in ...隐藏到……后面/下面/里面
hide away 隐藏
hide one's feelings 掩饰感情
hide one's head 把脸藏起来，羞得躲起来
hide-and-seek n. 捉迷藏
【例句】①She and her family hid_away for nearly twentyfive months before they were discovered.
②She tried to hide her feeling from anyone.她试图掩饰自己的感情不让别人发觉。
③Many children played at hide and seek in the garden.许多孩子在花园里捉迷藏。
【点津】hiding和hidden作定语时意思不同：a hiding place“一个藏身处”；a hidden place“一个秘密/隐藏的地方”。
【串记】If you want to play hide-and-seek, you need to let a person hide first. 如果要玩捉迷藏，就需要让一个人先藏起来。
323. high /haɪ/ a.（位置）高的(反low)；高水平的(反low)；高级的；正点的，全盛的；ad.高
aim high 志存高远，目标远大
highlight v.突出；强调；n. 最精彩的部分
highly ad. 高度地；非常
speak/think highly of赞扬/高度评价
high-rise a. 高楼的；超高层的；n.高楼；大厦
highway n. 公/大路；捷径
【例句】Audiences have high expectations for this film. 观众对这一部电影的期待很高。
【串记】“We must aim high in order to fly higher” . This slogan is the highlight and we are also highly praised by our leaders. “我们要想飞得更高，就要志存高远。”这个口号是亮点，我们也得到了领导的高度赞扬。
【辨析】high与highly均可用作副词，前者一般用于表示位置“高”，具体的 “高”，后者表示抽象概念的“高”，指程度的“高”，还可用来修饰形容词和分词，表示程度。如highly praised深受赞扬的。
324. hold /həʊld/ (held, held) vt. & n. 拿/抱/握住；举行；拥/持有；保持；保存/留；抑制
catch/get/take hold of抓住，掌握
hold on to紧紧抓住坚持；克制
【例句】①We held each other’s hand，not knowing what to say．我们握住彼此的手，不知说什么好。
②When he left the telephone to fetch a pencil, he asked me to hold on.当他放下电话去拿铅笔时，他让我别挂电话。
③No one can hold back the wheel of history.没有人能阻挡历史车轮的前进。
④Seeing her son again after two years' absence, the mother held out her arms to embrace him.分别两年后再次看到自己的儿子，这位母亲伸出双臂去拥抱他。
【串记】Her application was held up by the postal strike. Then her car broke down. She just managed to hold back her anger and hold on until help arrived. 她的申请因邮政部门罢工而耽搁了，然后她的车抛锚了。她只能设法控制住自己的愤怒，坚持到救援人员到来。
325. honest /'ɒnɪst/ a. 诚实的，正直的(反dishonest)
be honest with 对…诚实
to be honest 老实说；说实话
honesty n. 诚实，正直
【例句】Be honest with yourself on this one. 在这一点上要对自己诚实。
【串记】To be honest, the bodyguard is indeed an honest man because he believes honesty is a good quality. 老实说，保镖确实是个非常诚实的人，因为他认为诚实是一种好的品质。
326. honour /'ɒnə/ (美 honor) n. 荣誉，光荣；荣誉称号；vt. 尊敬，给予荣誉
(1)be honoured for因……而受到尊敬
feel honoured to do /of doing sth. 为做某事而感到荣幸
be honoured as 被尊为……
(2)show honour to sb. 向某人致意
have the honour of doing/to do sth. 有幸做某事
It's an honour to do ... 做……是一种荣幸
in honour of/in one's honour 为了纪念，为向……表示敬意
on one's honour以名誉担保(保证)
fight for the honour of one’s country为国争光
honourable a. 荣誉的；值得尊敬的
【例句】①I have the honour to make a speech to welcome the respected guests. 我有幸发表演说欢迎尊贵的客人。
②I feel honoured to be invited to give you a lecture on how to improve English reading ability.应邀给你们作关于如何提高英语阅读能力的讲座我深感荣幸。
③Washington, a state in the United States, was named in honour of one of the greatest American presidents.华盛顿，美国的一个州，是为了纪念美国最伟大的总统之一而命名的。
【串记】It's my honor to do something for this honourable old man. 为这位值得尊重的老人做事，是我的荣幸。
327. hope /həʊp/ n. & v. 希望
hope for 希望(得到)，期待
in the hope of/that从句怀着…的希望
hope for the best 抱乐观的希望
hope so/not 希望如此/不是
hopeful a. 有希望的；有前途的
hopeless a. 绝望的；不可救药的
【例句】They have given up the hope of finding any more survivors. 他们已不抱希望再找到幸存者了。
【串记】I always hope for the best and I want to be hopefulforever. 我总是抱着乐观的期望，我希望自己永远充满希望。
hope for sth.
hope to do sth.
wish for sth.
wish to do sth.
328. hurry /'hʌrɪ/ v. & n. 赶快；急忙；催促
in a hurry匆忙
in no hurry不忙，不着急
hurried a. 匆忙的；草率的
【例句】There’s no need to hurry. We’ve got plenty of time. 不必匆忙，我们有的是时间。
【串记】”Hurry up!” my mom said, so I ate a hurried breakfast and left. “快点!” 妈妈说。于是我匆匆吃完早餐就离开了。
329. human /'hjuːmən/ n. 人；a. 人的，人类的；人性的，有人情味的(反inhuman)
human body/nature/right 人体/人性/人权
human being 人；人类
humanism n. 人道主义
humanity n. 人类；人道
【例句】There are many different cell types in the humanbody. 人体中有许多种不同的细胞类型。
【串记】As human beings, we must have human rights and uphold humanism.我们作为人类，必须要拥有人权，坚持人道主义。
330. hurt /hɜːt/ (hurt, hurt) vt. 伤害，受伤；疼痛；伤人感情；n.创伤；打击
hurt one’s feelings 伤害某人的感情
it won’t hurt to do sth. 做某事也无妨
【例句】We should not hurt our friends under any circumstances. 任何情况下我们都不应该伤害朋友。
【串记】I did hurt his feelings. As far as I' m concerned, it won’t hurt to hurt his feeling. 我的确伤害了他的感情。对我而言，伤害他的感情也没什么关系。
injure (在事故中)使受伤，弄伤；n. injury；
331. idea /aɪ'dɪə/ n. 主意，意见；打算，想法；
have all idea认为，感到
have any idea知道，了解
have no idea不知道，不了解
形近词：ideal n. 理想；理想事物；a. 理想的
【例句】You have no idea(of)how anxious we have been．你不知道我们多么着急。
【串记】I have no ideawhat his ideal job is. 我也不知道他的理想工作是什么。
332.identify /aɪ'dentɪfaɪ/ v.鉴定；识别，辨认出，认出；认明；把…看成一样
identify oneself with和……有联系，认同，和……打成一片，参加到……中去
identify with对……同情，和……有同感（=be identified with)
identify n. 身份，个性
identical a. 同一的；完全相同的
be identical to /with与……完全相同；与…一致
【例句】①Could you identify your umbrella among a hundred others?你能在一百把伞中认出你自己的伞吗?
②They identify their interests with those of the nation．他们把自己的利益与国家的利益看成是一致的。
【串记】I didn't enjoy the book because I couldn't identify with any of the main characters. At the same time, these roles are similar, although not identical. 我不喜欢这本书，因为我无法与其中的任何主要角色产生共鸣。而且，这些角色是相似的，尽管不完全相同。
333. ignore /ɪg'nɔː/ n. 忽视/略；不理会
ignore one's advice/mistakes忽视某人的建议/过错
ignore traffic rules 忽视交通规则
ignorant a. 无知的；愚昧的
be ignorant of(about)对……不知道(不了解)
【例句】①The boss of the company had ignored his friend's advice, which led to the failure of his business. 这家公司的老板忽视了朋友的建议，这导致了他生意的失败。
②You should not ignore your mistakes if you want to make greater progress. 如果想取得更大进步，你不应该忽视错误。
③It is dangerous to ignore traffic rules. 忽视交通规则是很危险的。
【串记】It is only an ignorant man who ignores the questions posed by others. 无知的人才会忽视别人提出的问题。
334. imagine /ɪ'mædʒɪn/ vt. 想像，设想；料想，认为(同suppose)
(1)imagine (sb.) doing sth. 想象(某人)做某事
imagine sb./sth. as/to be 把某人/物想象成……；认为某人/物是……
(2)imagination n. 想象力；创造力
beyond imagination 超乎想象，出乎意料
imaginary a. 虚构的，假想的；想像的
【例句】①She imagined walking into the office and telling everyone what she thought of them.她想象自己走进办公室，对每个人都说出自己对他们的看法。
②I never knew my grandmother, but I always imagine her as/to be a kind and gentle person.我从未见过我的祖母，但我总把她想象成一个善良温和的人。
③Sometimes, imaginationis more important than knowledge during our studies.有时候，在学习过程中想象力比知识更重要。
【串记】A good writer needs to be imaginative in writing. So sometimes what a writer has in mind is beyond imagination. Although the main characters in the novel are so true to life, they are imaginary. 一个好的作家需要有想象力的写作。因此，有时一个作家的想法是无法想象的。
335. impress /ɪm'pres/ vt. 给…深刻留下印象；使钦佩
(1)impress sb.with sth.某事给某人留下印象
impress sth.on/upon sb./one's memory 使某人铭记某事
be impressed with/at/by ... 对……有深刻印象
(2)impression n. 印象；印记
leave/have/make a(n) ...impression on sb.给某人留下……的印象
(3)impressive adj. 给人深刻印象的；感人的
【例句】①The little boy impressed me with his big, bright eyes the first time I saw him.第一次见到这个小男孩时，他明亮的大眼睛就给我留下了深刻的印象。
②The first time she visited Guilin, she was deeply impressed by/with/at the scenery there.她第一次去桂林参观时，那里的景色给她留下了非常深刻的印象。
③My first impression of him was that he was a kind and thoughtful young man. 我对他的第一印象就是，他是一个善良且有思想的年轻人。
④The first ceremony when we went into college is an impressive one. 我们上大学的第一个仪式令人印象深刻。
【串记】Readers were very impressed by the impressive story.读者对这个感人的故事印象深刻。
336. include /ɪn'kluːd/ vt. 包含/括；把…列入
inclusion n. 包含; 内含物
形近词：conclude v. 结束，得出结论，推论conclusion n. 结/推论；结局
【例句】Our text-book includes eight stories, two short plays and two essays.我们的课本包括8篇故事,2篇短剧和2篇杂文。
【串记】You should include fruits and vegetables in your diet. Also, you’d better take part in sports, running included. 你应该在你的饮食里包括水果和蔬菜。此外，你最好参加运动，包括跑步。
337. increase /ɪn'kriːs/ v. & n.增加/长(反decrease)
increase/decrease by 增长/减少了……
increase/decrease to 增加/减少到……
(2) on the increase /decrease/decline正在增加/减少/衰退之中,不断增加/减少/衰退
increasingly ad. 渐增地
【例句】①Our country has greatly increased in power and prestige.我国的实力大大增强,国际威望也显著提高了。
②The housing price is hoped to decrease by 10% this year. 房价今年有望下降10%。
③My salary has been increased to one thousand yuan .我的薪金增加到1000元。
【串记】The rate of inflation increased by10%. However, prices have been rising and unemployment has been rising. So, crime is on the increase. 通货膨胀率增长了10%，然而物价和失业率也在增长，因此，犯罪活动日益猖獗。
338. indicate /'ɪndɪkeɪt/ v. 指示/出；表明，显示；暗示，示意
indicate by 用…指示
indicate with one's eyes 用目光示意
indicator n. 指示器/剂/符
indication n. 指示，指出；迹象；象征
【例句】He indicated to me that we could never be good friends again.他向我暗示我们再也不可能成为好朋友了。
【串记】There are clear indications that the economy is improving. At the same time, the economicindicators are better than expected. 有明显的迹象显示经济已开始好转，同时，经济指标比预期的好。
339. influence /'ɪnflʊəns/ n.& v. 影响；有影响的人/物
(1)influence sb. to do sth.影响某人去做某事
have an influence on/upon ... 对……有影响
(2)under the influence of ... 在……的影响下
(3)influential adj. 有影响力的
be influential in (doing) sth. 对(做)某事颇有影响
【例句】①Influenced by the growing interest in nature, more and more people enjoy outdoor sports. 受对大自然日益增长的兴趣的影响，越来越多的人喜欢户外运动。
② Most parents think that computer games have a bad influence on their children. 大部分家长认为电脑游戏对他们的孩子有不良影响。
③Under the influence of a high school biology teacher, he took up the study of medicine. 在一位中学生物老师的影响下，他从事了医学研究。
【串记】 Nike is one of the most influential brands all over the world. It has a far-reaching influence on our life. 耐克是世界上最具影响力的品牌之一。它对我们的生活有深远的影响。
340. inform /ɪn'fɔːm/ vt. 告诉；通知
(1)inform sb. of/about sth. 通知某人某事
inform sb. that...通知某人……
keep sb. informed of/about...随时通知某人……；使某人知道……
information n. 信息，资料；知识；情报
informative a. 教育性的，有教益的；情报的；见闻广博的
【例句】①It was considerate of Michael to inform us of/about his delay in case we got worried. 以防我们担心，迈克尔很体贴地告诉我们他耽误了这件事。
②We regret to inform you that your application has been rejected. 我们很遗憾地通知你，你的申请未被接受。
易错点拨inform后不接双宾语，也不用于inform sth. to sb. 。要表示“告诉某人某事”，通常用inform sb. of/about sth. 。inform的宾语通常只能是人，所以当后接从句时，其前的sb. 不能省略。
【串记】Good information is essential if people are to make informed choicesabout services.
1. I would have no (hesitate) in recommending Philip for the position.
2. Tom’s mother was (high) critical of the school’s approach.
3. She answered all my questions with her usual (honest).
4. He received an (honour) discharge from the army.
5. The judge was praised for his courage and (human).
6. I met some (ignore) people who called me all kinds of names.
7. Many people on low incomes will (hurt) by the government's plans.
8. Could you give me some (indicate) as to when I am likely to receive a reply?
9. Please keep me fully (inform) of any developments.
10. The salary is £18,600 a year, (increase) to £23,000.
1. The first time he went to work, he was held on by heavy traffic..
2. Her parents don't allow her to drink, so she keeps a bottle of gin hiding behind a stack of books.
3. Remember to be hold your head up and keep your back straight.
4. Humans can easily identify to the emotional expressions of monkeys.
5. For the refugees, home exists only in their imagine and thousands of them don't have homes any more.
6. Six people were killed in the riot, include a policeman.
7. Many people are worried about the growing influential of these websites.
8. He got up late this morning, so he went to school in hurry.
9. I would have remained ignorance if Shaun hadn’t mentioned it.
10. I feel that she always likes to imitate me, because her dress is almost identical with mine.
1. Do you still ______ (对……犹豫) buying a car ｏｒ a house?
2. ________ (老实说), it was one of the worst books I've ever read.
3. The world demands equality, but the country has a poor record on (人权).
4. We ________ (对……印象深刻) the standard of work.
5. I ________ (抓住) his hand, turned it over, and dumped the pills into his palm.
1. 能够帮助到你是我的荣幸。（be honoured to do sth.）
2. 她压根儿不知道他们去哪里了。(have any idea)
3. 地址若有变动请随时通知我们。（inform of）
4. 那个舞会给观众留下深刻的印象。(leave a deep impression on)
5. 我想我会暂时保留这些老唱片的。(hold on to)
1. hesitation 2. highly 3. honesty 4. honourable 5. humanity 6. ignorant 7. be hurt 8.indication 9. informed 10. increasing
1. on→up 2. hiding─hidden 3. 去掉be 4. to→with 5. imagine→imagination 6. include→including 7. influential→influence 8. 在In 和hurry 后面加a 9.ignorance→ignorant 10. with→to
1. hesitate about 2. To be honest 3. human rights 4. were impressed by/with 5. took hold of
1. Don’ t mention it. I'm honoured to help you.
2. She doesn’t have any idea where they’ve gone.
3. Please inform us of any changes of the address.
4. The ball left a deep impression on the audiences.
5. I think I’ll hold on to these old records for now.